Part I. Accounting for the Service Business.
1. The Nature of Accounting.
2. Recording Business Transactions.
3. Starting the Accounting Cycle for a Service Business.
4. The Accounting Cycle Continued: Work Sheet, Financial Statements, and Adjusting Entries.
5. Completing the Accounting Cycle for a Service Business: Closing Entries and Post-Closing Trial Balance. Comprehensive Review Problem I.
Part II. Accounting for Cash and the Merchandising Business.
6. Internal Control and Accounting for Cash.
7. Accounting for Merchandising Business: Purchases and Cash Payments.
8. Accounting for Merchandising Business: Sales and Cash Receipts.
9. Work Sheet and Adjustments for a Merchandising Business.
10. Financial Statements and Closing Entries for a Merchandising Business. Comprehensive Review Problem II.
Part III. Accounting for Payroll.
11. Accounting for Payroll: Employee Earnings and Deductions.
12. Accounting for Payroll: Employer Taxes and Reports. Comprehensive Review Problem III.
Part IV. Accounting for Notes and Interest, Bad Debts, Inventory, and Plant Assets and Depreciation.
13. Accounting for Notes and Interest.
14. Accounting for Bad Debts.
15. Accounting for Merchandise Inventory.
16. Accounting for Plant Assets and Depreciation. Appendix E.
17. Accounting for Accruals and Deferrals. Comprehensive Review Problem IV.
Part V. Accounting for Partnerships and Corporations.
18. Accounting for Partnerships.
19. Corporate Accounting—Formation and Paid-In Capital.
20. Corporate Accounting: Earnings and Distribution.
21. Long-Term Liabilities and Investments. Comprehensive Review Problem V.
Part VI. Accounting for Decision Making and Manufacturing Operations.
22. Statement of Cash Flows.
23. Analysis and Interpretation of Financial Statements.
24. Accounting for Departments and Branches.
25. Introduction to Manufacturing Accounting.
26. Job Order and Process Cost Accounting. Appendix F. Comprehensive Review Problem VI.
Part VII. Budgeting Standard Costs and Cost Analysis.
27. Budgeting and Standard Cost Accounting.
28. Cost Behavior and Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis.