Biotechnology: Science for the New Millennium, Second Edition is a complete program that teaches the latest concepts and hands-on lab procedures required for entry-level careers in this rapidly-growing industry.
Text and Lab Manual
The textbook and lab manual can be used together or separately, depending on your course!
This new second edition provides:
- Thorough coverage of the concepts and processes of biotechnology research and manufacturing in the areas of pharmaceuticals, agriculture, industrial products, and instrumentation.
- Extensive discussion on genomics, bioinformatics, microarrays, and proteomics.
- Exciting information on biotechnology advances in drug discover, gene therapy, print-based pharmaceuticals, forensics, and horticulture.
- Thought-provoking sidebards on bioethics, current events, regulations, emergent trends, and research techniques.
- Substantial presentation of the business side of biotechnology, including opportunities and careers in academic, industrial, and regulatory biotechnology.
New for the Second Edition
- Revised and updated content that addresses current scientific methods and developments
- New and revised sections and projects
- Updated statistics, figures, and photographs
- New and improved laboratory activities
- Updated materials lists and lab procedures
- New online activities and websites
View a sample chapter from the textbook.
View a sample chapter from the lab manual.
View Biotechnology program support from the author.